> On 21 October 2016 at 10:13, Strainu <strain...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 1. Gerrit does not seem to support oauth authentication. I vaguely
>> remember that the gerrit account used to be linked to the mw.org
>> account. Is there any way I could use the mw.org auth to retrieve the
>> gerrit account and/or authenticate to gerrit with it? The gerrit
>> uploader seems to only use the mw account to put the username in the
>> committer field and then uploads the change as itself.
>

> Gerrit uses LDAP authentication, which is controlled by
> wikitech.wikimedia.org and matches accounts there. This is separate to
> Wikimedia SUL which controls accounts on wikis like mediawiki.org.
> See https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T148048 and the bottom of
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Tech/Tool_Labs_support/Tool_Labs_vision#Project_roadmap

Thanks Alex, that's very nice! I have some follow-up questions:
1. What's the best way to match users between wiki and gerrit? I
suspect the answer is username, since on gerrit one can register
multple emails and I can't find a full/real name on wiki, but what
about if a user is moved? Also, does the shell username has anything
to do with gerrit?
2. When requesting a new OAuth consumer, what should I choose as the
Type of grants being requested?
  - Authentication only, no API access.
  - Authentication only with access to real name and email address via
Special:OAuth/identify, no API access.
  - Request authorization for specific permissions.

Thank you,
   Strainu