https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Scrum_of_scrums/2017-01-04

= 2017-01-04 =

== Product ==
=== Reading ===
====Web====
* Current sprint: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/2405/
** Allow users who have the NavPopups gadget to use PagePreviews
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T151058
** Start working towards Wikipedia branding on the mobile site
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T148514
* Next sprint:
** MobileFrontend tech debt
** New readers prototype work - Allow collapsing of sections
** Wikipedia branding on the mobile site

====Android====
* Last week:
** Holiday
* Next week (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/2352/ ):
** Work towards release of Wikidata description editing

=====Reading Infrastructure====
* working on TemplateStyles, tech debt
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T133408
* not blocking
* blocked:
** WMDE on the last API i18n patch before we can move to hard deprecation:
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/321464/

==== Mobile Content Service (MCS) ====
* Board: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/board/1323/query/open/
* To be deployed:
** Add additional information to file and user pages clients can use for
rendering https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T148118
** Ordered news link to have "most relevant" article in a news story appear
first in list
* Working on:
** Adding isDisambiguation flag https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T151241
** New endpoint for "On This Day" https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T143408

==== iOS native app ====
* Last Week
** Released 5.3.3
** Continued work on 5.4
** Fixed bugs found in 5.3.3
* This week
** Release 5.3.4
** Contine work on 5.4 - Nearby, Login enhancements

=== Community Tech ===
* Blocking/Blockers: None
* Wikimania scholarships application has been updated and deployed
* Beginning to do investigative work on top 10 from the wishlist this week
(I'll be skipping the meeting today, sorry!)

=== Editing ===

==== Parsing ====
* Not blocking anyone or no blockers on anyone as far as I know
* Preparing for Dev Summit sessions
* Will soon start work on supporting audio/video in Parsoid
* Work ongoing with language variants ( had to revert a patch in core
because of https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T153761 )

==== UI Standardization ====
* Updates
** Replace deprecated mediawiki.UI Less variables with current ones. All,
but one patch on Flow alread merged
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T154362
** Echo Notifications Thank You uses outdated PNG icon instead of SVG.
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T149352
** Further research on: Improve form layouts in OOjs UI MW core forms for
better user experience. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T136790
** Preparing for Dev Summit and UI Standardization Design offsite
* Blocked
** OOjs UI's ButtonWidgets should use `box-sizing: border-box`
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T146962
** Devise a generic way for theme-agnostic stylesheets to adapt to the
current theme https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T112747 – Needs feedback
from core developers

==== Collaboration ====
* Blocked: None
* Blocking: None
* Updates
** userExpLevel RecentChanges filter
** Other than that, mostly bug fixes to Echo and Flow, including Flow DB
inonsistency fixes

== Technology ==
=== Analytics ===
* Public EventStreams launch (hopefully early) this quarter (
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T130651)
** Blocked on ops (they know! :))
** Need review of https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/325589/ (Timo?)

=== Security ===
* Security Reviews:
** TwoColConflict (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T149808)
** InterwikiSorting (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T149083)
** Cognate (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T149082)

=== Technical Operations ===
* '''Blocked''':
** None
* '''Blocking''':
** None
* Updates:
** LabsDB goal successful
** Kubernetes goal successful
** Ganglia/Prometheus goal successful
**
** Work starting on the data center switchover preparation

=== Performance ===
* Blocking/blockers: none
* Started work on defining alerts for performance regressions
* Implemented PoolCounter support in Thumbor, undergoing review

=== Discovery ===
* No blockers
* Quatery goals update:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Engineering/2016-17_Q2_Goals#Discovery
* Continuing work on crosswiki searching, refactoring Special:Search
* Merged patch allowing extensions to define query keywords

== Wikidata ==
* Preparing for the Dev Summit in SF. The Wikidata team is looking forward
to meet you all!
* Gaining speed again after holiday weeks. Working hard on federation
(ground work for structured Commons) as well as Lexemes (for Wiktionary).
* RfC: Drafted an alternative for the deprecated PHPUnit::assertTag:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T69122
* Slow progress on phasing out UsageException:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T153359 Given that it was deprecated just
a few days ago we do not consider this high-priority at the moment.

== Fundraising Tech ==
* Reviewing payment processor performance and fraud rates
* Reviewing banner impressions anomalies (neatly explained by internet.org
proxies in Ireland)
* CiviCRM bug fixes and minor version upgrade
* little holiday scramble to deploy phpmailer CVE fixes
** Does security or releng want to look into using an automated
composer.lock version vulnerability checker, e.g.
https://security.sensiolabs.org/api ?
*** Darian says ^^^ is already in place for mediawiki core, and he can help
us set it up for all the fundraising components.