Victoria, re-quoting from my original reply: "A suggestion would be to host
a annual cloud (remote) hackathon type event where participants can join
via hangouts. I'd be willing to help organize this if need be. I think it
would help users that may not be comfortable traveling or don't feel like
applying for travel funds from WMF or don't have the funds in general. I
also think this would help users that aren't per say developers get their
issues heard and worked on without waiting months for a task to be
seen/replied/worked on. It could also be used by developers to talk with
WMF staff "face to face".   "

Thanks,
Zppix
Volunteer Developer for WMF