We had some discussions about this at the devsummit, since it was on one of
the wish lists..
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T16950

At that time I suggested it would probably be easier and less risky, to
start of with a tools project, that allows you to apply a setting to all
our properties. Saves you a lot of the effort of figuring out how to
'position' this in the UI, and what to do when people want exceptions to
global defaults etc..

DJ

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 5:16 PM, Brad Jorsch (Anomie) <bjor...@wikimedia.org