Hi,

On 05/11/2017 07:29 AM, Amir E. Aharoni wrote:
>> Of course, if someone does want to work on implementing a global
>> preferences extension and doing the work to get it deployed, then more
>> power to them. A better solution to be sure, but it'll likely take more
>> time and effort.

> My understanding is that the code is kind of there already, but it would
> have to be deployed, and before deployment it would have to be reviewed. So
> the manager to convince would be the manager of the team that needs to
> review and deploy it.

So I wrote Extension:GlobalPreferences[1] a while back because the Tool
Labs tool I wrote was a pretty hacky prototype that I was unhappy with.

The main place the extension needs work is a UI that isn't extremely
hacky. The part that loads user options out of a central table and
overrides locally set ones is basically done.

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:GlobalPreferences

-- Legoktm