Over the last couple of months, the Architecture Committee has been working on a
charter that defines the Committee's purpose of authority. Thank you for your
input! The final draft of the charter is now available at:

  <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Architecture_committee/Charter>

For a final round of feedback, we are following the procedure we also use when
approving RFCs. As per yesterday's ArchCom meeting, the charter is entering the
Last Call period. If no new and pertinent concerns are raised and remain
unaddressed by July 26, the charter will be enacted as the new basis of the
committee's operation and authority.

Note: with the new charter comes a rebranding: ArchCom becomes TechCom, the
Wikimedia Technical Committee! We think the name better fits the scope of the
committee as defined by the charter.

--
Daniel Kinzler
Principal Platform Engineer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.