https://fa.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%D9%85%D8%AF%DB%8C%D8%A7%D9%88%DB%8C%DA%A9%DB%8C:Common.js&diff=next&oldid=22367460&uselang=en

> You can't see it now, but it was someone including a JavaScript
> cryptocurrency miner in common.js!
>
> Obviously this is not going to be a common thing, and common.js is
> closely watched. (The above edit was reverted in 7 minutes, and the
> user banned.)
>
> But what are the ways to get user-edited JavaScript running on a
> MediaWiki, outside one's own personal usage? And what permissions are
> needed? I ask with threats like this in mind.
>

> - d.

You need editinterface, edituserjs, or some of the centralnotice related
rights (or the steward related rights to give yourself these rights).

Any method that does not involve editinterface or a related right that is
normally restricted to administrator (or higher group) should be considered
a serious security issue in mediawiki and reported immediately.

--
Brian Wolff