Sorry to slightly sidetrack this discussion, but someone recently asked me
if it were possible to modify a steward's user JS so that it granted them
advanced rights like steward/checkuser/oversight. This of course is
possible, but very rare since you need to be a sysop to edit these JS
pages. The point this person was making to me however was that on smaller
wikis it can be easy to become a sysop, and it's probable that by nature
stewards will show up there occasionally, and that their own personal JS
may not be closely watched. I told them not to worry about it, but if we
really wanted to do something, we could make a steward's JS only be mutable
by other stewards (or something).

Maybe something else to think about?

~Leon