On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 3:22 PM, Brian Wolff <bawo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I dont view the parent as what revision came first but what revision was
> edited to make this revision (i.e. where the current revision was "forked"
> off from)

Although that implies that an automatically-resolved edit conflict should
have a "parent" as the revision that was edited rather than the current
revision, again different from the current behavior (and both of the
options Daniel discusses in the task).

It similarly implies that an edit starting with an old revision should
record that old revision as the "parent" instead of the current revision,
again different from the current behavior. And maybe the same for rollbacks
and at least some undos.

--
Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
Senior Software Engineer