Hi everyone,

I’ve been following this discussion from afar (literally from a remote
mountainous part of Greece [1]) so please excuse the reflection. I saw this
today:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/08/jeongpedia/566897/
<https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/08/jeongpedia/566897/>

This is us. This is our shared project. What an incredible privilege it is to
have the opportunity to be part of something utopian, yet real, that is seen by
the world as the last bastion of shared reality. This is no accident, no fluke.
It’s because of us. This incredible community of ours. We are all different and
yet we all, staff and volunteers alike, strive to bring the best of ourselves
to this monumental project of ours. Sometimes we get it wrong. We get
emotional, we say the wrong thing, we get frustrated with each other.  But we
are all in this together. And we hold ourselves to a higher standard. I hope we
can also forgive each other when we fall down and offer a helping hand instead
of a harsh, hurtful word. The CoC , like democracy, is not perfect but it’s our
best shot at an open, welcoming and supportive environment in our technical
spaces. Let’s continue refining it and let’s get back to work.

Warmly,

Victoria

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelion <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelion>