I agree that while possibly made with good intentions, policy changes like
these should go through dev community discussion + vote, not be handed down
from a CTO.  Wikipedia as a movement started that way, and many people
participated in it because of its transparency and community-driven
process. Just because now there is a large split between "community" and
"WMF staff who gets +2 automatically", we should try to keep the original
values.