Hello,

On 19-04-09 17:50:12, Isarra Yos wrote:
To clarify, I get what you're trying to do, but there has got to be a better solution besides denying key features to and thus impairing long-term contributors, because disabling this for everyone (but apparently WMDE (?!)) does exactly that. On the wikis, for instance, we have specific groups for this sort of thing (rollback, file moving, bypass captcha, bypass rate limits), to let established users do the things they need to do, without it being allowed of absolutely everyone from the start, and without requiring them to be admins, either, to do it. Perhaps actually using one of our more general existing groups for this here would make sense?

Bawolff has suggested Trusted-Contributors as a group that might make sense to add. That seems sane to me, so I've added that group in addition to the list above. Hopefully that unblocks your work.

I agree: having specific groups that are granted specific permissions that allow established users to continue their work unobstructed should be achievable in the near-term.

-- Tyler