Am 13.05.19 um 12:48 schrieb Amir Sarabadani:
> I wonder how many points you get for nerd snipping a software engineer :)

One, as it's rather easy ;)

> Wonderful work Daniel, kudos!

Thank you for your help!

> In the given list of bad dependencies, I find User class depending on Skin
> class
> one of the most problematic ones.

It's nasty on the level of the dependency graph, but it's a trivial dependency,
and easily resolved using a trait or utility method:
  Skin::normalizeKey( $wgDefaultSkin );

Want to give it a go?

Thinking this one step further, all logic related to user options should be
factored out of the User class anyway. Filed as
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T223099Y>

> Also, ApiQuery class depending on all of its
> subclasses is one of the biggest issue making all of API query modules act as
> giant big monolith. That can (hopefully) easily addressed and untangle
> significant portion of the 40%, a rather low hanging fruit.

Yea... these dependencies a<re however not "real" - they are all dependencies on
a class name literal (ApiQueryFooBar::class), not the class itself. I have filed
this as a feature request with upstream
<https://github.com/mihaeu/dephpend/issues/47>.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel Kinzler
Principal Software Engineer, Core Platform