On 10/05/2019 18:39, Daniel Kinzler wrote:
Hi all!

I invite you to try out "Project Ruprecht"[1][2], a tool that measures the
"tangledness" of PHP code, and provides you with a "naughty list" of things to
fix.

<snip>
[1] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/MTDA/repository/master/
[2]
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/admin/projects/mediawiki/tools/dependency-analysis

Hello,

A few months ago, the code health group enquired about the Php metrics static analysis tool [1] and it has been rather straightforward to run it automatically and publish its report:

https://doc.wikimedia.org/mediawiki-core/master/phpmetrics/

The report has a list of potential coupling and also show relation between objects. That might be a complement.

As for your tool, I am pretty sure we can easily run it automatically and publish it next to the PHP Metrics report? The addition to CI has been rather straightforward:

A container:
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/integration/config/+/469689/

The Jenkins job:
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/integration/config/+/469690/