The ssl tester site is reporting that ocsp stapling is misconfigured on
that domain, maybe that's causing the issue(?)

One of the biggest differences is that beta uses lets encrypt. If for some
reason the platform you are testing on didnt have lets encrypt certs
installed, that could cause this. However lets encrypt at this point is
very widely supported.

--
Brian