The Twinkle project uses a Perl script to sync from Github to on-wiki
JS: <https://github.com/azatoth/twinkle/blob/master/dev/sync.pl>

IIRC it's run manually, but one could conceivably run something
similar in a CI/CD pipeline. That would, of course, mean storing
interface administrator credentials and the tools to use them on
third-party servers, which has some security risks. Using something
similar to
<https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Toolforge/Auto-update_a_tool_from_GitHub>
and handling the MW auth and deployment from WMCS servers may reduce
some of those risks.

ACN