On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 9:27 AM Roy Smith <r...@panix.com> wrote:

> I maintain spi-tools.js
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:RoySmith/spi-tools.js>.  The source
> is in github.  At the moment, my "release process" (if you could call it
> that) is to edit
> User:RoySmith/spi-tools.js and copy-paste the new version.  This works,
> but it's clunky.  Is there some pre-existing tool for this?

There is some discussion in T71445
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T71445> and T187749
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T187749> but nothing usable. I think
some frwiki editors had plans for a bot but I don't know if anything came
out of it. The closest tool I'm aware of is Dibabel
<https://dibabel.toolforge.org/> but that copies the code from another
wiki, not Github. (Also, it's meant for Lua code, which does not pose
similar security risks.)

Updating the page from a CI script is not too hard but rather scary
security-wise. Writing a deploy script in Pywikibot or some
similar framework seems pretty straightforward though, reasonably secure,
and not too inconvenient to do an extra CLI command for deploying.