Hi,

> tl;dr: It's time for the annual Developer Satisfaction Survey! *This
>> survey is for everyone who uses any of the tools or services mentioned
>> below*, whether you would call yourself a "developer" or not. *Closing
>> date is March 24th.*

As a feedback to the survey:
The survey contains *mandatory* questions to rate one's satisfaction with
each of these services. How should one rate the satisfaction with a service
that one does not use at all? At least for my perception this is not
possible and therefore the survey is only suitable for everyone who uses
*all* listed services at least to some point.
I wonder what is the motivation for making these questions mandatory? As a
user I am often frustrated by those, because I have the choice to
either cancel filling out the form, or risk to dilute the results.

Cheers,

> *The survey*: https://forms.gle/xj2jNUcP7kmSgtwV8
>>
>> Longer:
>> The Wikimedia Foundation is soliciting your feedback to measure developer
>> satisfaction and determine where to invest resources in the future. This is
>> the third iteration of this survey. We want feedback from everyone who uses
>> any of the below tools or services, whether you call yourself a "developer"
>> or not.
>>
>> Topics covered include:
>>     * Local Development Environment
>>     * Beta Cluster / Staging Environment
>>     * Testing / CI
>>     * Code Review
>>     * Deployments
>>     * Account Management and Onboarding
>>     * Observability
>>     * Phabricator
>>     * Developer documentation
>>     * General Feedback
>>
>> We are soliciting feedback from all Wikimedia developers, including
>> Staff, 3rd party contributors and volunteer developers. *The survey will
>> be open for a little over 2 weeks, closing on Wednesday March 24th.*
>>
>> NOTE: This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may
>> be subject to additional terms. For more information on privacy and
>> data-handling, see the survey privacy statement
>> https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Developer_Satisfaction_Survey_Privacy_Statement
>>
>> *To participate in this survey, please start here:*
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJCzxixT1wHCIgI5PijIMQvcIqDbsDTYbbDoxXaYcyF8RhJg/viewform?usp=sf_link
>>
>> Thank you for your participation,
>>
>> Greg
>>
>> --
>> | Greg Grossmeier              GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
>> | Dir. Engineering Productivity     A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |
>>

> --
> | Greg Grossmeier              GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
> | Dir. Engineering Productivity     A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |

*M. F. Schönitzer** (they/them)*
Community Communication

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0

https://wikimedia.de

Unsere Vision ist eine Welt, in der alle Menschen am Wissen der Menschheit
teilhaben, es nutzen und mehren können. Helfen Sie uns dabei!

https://spenden.wikimedia.de

sum of all knowledge. Help us to achieve our vision!

https://spenden.wikimedia.de

Wikimedia Deutschland – Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V.