Francois Gouget <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>    Also, why do we define HANDLE as an int if STRICT is not defined?
> Win32 always defines it as 'void*', whether STRICT is defined or not. So
> we should in fact distinguish between WINE and 'not WINE'.

No, this is wrong, we must never define types differently based on
Wine/non-Wine. Just think what would happen to all structures
containing handles on a platform where sizeof(void*) != sizeof(int).

I believe the reason we are defining handles as int is to allow
transparent conversion from 16-bit handles; but it would obviously be
preferable to fix this and make all handles pointers.

--
Alexandre Julliard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]