>  During my test I was greeted by thousands of warnings. But except for
>one fix in gdiobj.c and another in registry.c it compiled and I could
>even run the whole Wine regression test suite: sol.exe :-)

Doesn't surprise me too much. I suppose that it's also important to actually
get the wine core converted over since I believe you made most of the programs
directory use STRICT anyways.

>  But this means turning a blind eye on thousands of warnings. Sending a
>single patch fixing all the warnings is out of the question, it would be
>way too big. But doing it file by file means introducing warnings until
>we make the global switch in windef. Would it be better to compile some
>subsystems with STRICT on and others with STRICT off?

I was thinking about doing something like this. Just work a system at a time,
as you pointed out, and as long as it doesn't break the basic ia32 user (does
the sparc version of WineLib work - seem to remember Ulrich mentioning that
there were still a few things which needed to be fixed in the tree)
I suspect we don't have a problem during the transition. You could even
just stick a #define STRICT at the top of the includes in a .c file as a
temporary measure although a -DSTRICT in the makefile would be a little nicer.
At some point we just switch everything over to use STRICT or pull out that
#ifdef STRICT if it doesn't need to be there.

I think so long as an effort is made to fix the real problems first rather than
the printfs first this should be a reasonable approach.

Remember how long it took the debug interface to switch over :)

I'm willing to help slog through the mechanical stuff if you need a hand. Just
mail me. I might even grudging convert over to using CVS now that the
company has changed their internal firewall to be a little more reasonable ;)

>--
>Francois Gouget         [EMAIL PROTECTED]        http://fgouget.free.fr/
>        It really galls me that most of the computer power in the world
>                          is wasted on screen savers.
>                     Chris Caldwell from the GIMPS project
>                       http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm

Ciao,