gerard patel wrote:

> <snip fallout breakage>
>
> You can replace 'fallout' by 'word viewer 97'; it's the same problem I think, I
>replaced
> pe_image and module.c and the problem goes away.

Try reverting the CVS commit and trying the original patch I sent - the original
patch checks to ensure that the pe section offsets are on pagesize bounds, and
if not avoids the FILE_dommap call and just copies the section instead.  Alexandre
modified the patch to always rely on FILE_dommap, counting on the pagesize failure
handling code there to do the copying.

I'm not sure why this would be failing, though it's possible it might be because
FILE_dommap() is trying to use mmap to reserve the destination address range a
second time - it was already reserved by the loader in PE_LoadImage().

I just tried my April 18th CVS tree (with my version of the patch) agains WordViewer,
and it seems to come up fine (but won't open any files).  Oddly, when I tried
WordViewer
against the current CVS, it comes up to the splash screen, but dies there with a
critical section deadlock.  Is this what you're seeing?

-Gav

--
Gavriel State
Gainfully Unemployed Guy