> BTW, I am sorry to say that I have done a big mistake in my previous post;
> in fact you are completely right, Wordviewer 97 can no longer find files selected
> in the open file dialog. I suspect that this is Juergen's work (what a bunch of
>Microsoft
> haters ;-))
Possibly by changes in the shell32 part. Handling of some flags (ShellFolder) and some
path routienes in shlwapi changed.
I did not jet commit some work in the comdlg32 sind I'm slightly behind the level
of the current implementation. The reason I started to redo the dialog are:

- since its a shell namespace browser no direct access to file functions is allowed in
the
open dialog. It has to use the IShellFolder api. The last patches in the corel tree
are going
more and more in the wrong direction. Flags are handled in a very poor way
(mainly PathMustExist & FileMustExist).

- much of the functionality of shlwapi-path functions is needed in the OnOpen function
and is currently reimplemented there is a very unreadable/unmaintainable way.
As example: the whole browsing to path fragments entered in the filename box can
easily be handled by PathCannonicalize where currently is done by a bunch of str*
functions.

PS: my implementation is currently missing the handling of default extensions. Think
its not the most importend thing so I think I should send my not jet complete patch in.

Juergen

---
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

... from sunny Berlin