Ulrich Weigand writes:

> Ok, the problem is that it goes up the exception chain and finds frames
> that were posted while still on the old stack :-/  I don't think that
> unwinding exceptions across stacks is a good idea;  what about the following
> patch that simply catches all exceptions before they leave the large stack?

Hallo Ulrich,

thanks, this second patch gets wine to enter the debugger again. As
the crash happens in xlib, --synchronous is needed to get a backtrace.

My other wish is that __TRY __EXCEPT was handled on the big stack too.
In my source tree the failing function (XCopyArea) is surrounded
by a __TRY clause and the corresponding __EXCEPT is not yet
entered. The debugger in entered via XSetErrorHandler -> error_handler
-> DebugBreak.
Is this possible to dispatch the exception?  I tried to find
documentation on the error-code that xlib delivers, but didn't find
anything yet.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Free Software: If you contribute nothing, expect nothing