Uwe Bonnes wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> my last message:
> Re: Don't double quote in build_commandline (fwd)
> was meant as a RFC and layed out how I think the command line should
> be handled.
>
> In short, it means that I need a mean to know if wine was started by
> Createprocess() with an argv Array created by the starting windows
> executable or by the Unix user from the commandline where much more
> checking and changing on the delivered arguments has to be done.
>
> Is this acceptable?
>
> Any idea for the name? -- argvchecked? --wine-called?
>
> Anyway: the user shouldn't need that option, only the processing after
> Createprocess() should add it and the processing after main() should
> act accordingly.
>
> Bye
>
> Uwe Bonnes                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
> --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------

For WordPerfect Office 2000 and CorelDRAW we found that we had enough other
preconditions to set up that we used a launching script to invoke wine instead of
enhancing Wine much to handle these cases.

However, I don't know how much Createprocess() stuff is happening in those
applications.  It seems to work however often it happens :)

We have encountered this tension between allowing the user to specify Unix style paths
vs. DOS drive mapped paths.  I want to get away from it as soon as possible because it
is a *mess*.  Yes, most of
our applications are crippled from birth into understanding only DOS names, but
forcing users to figure out drive letters for their UNIX file structures is not a
friendly thing to do.

How far away are we from detecting and mapping SMB share names[1] from the command
line?  I am not looking forward to typing in those verbatim: 'Was it
\\\\filesrv\\albertd or "\\filesrv\albertd" or
"SMB://filesrv/albertd"?'

That said,  maybe "--mapped-to-dos-already" is what you want for the option name?

        Albert.

[1] what is the name for the "\\*\*" notation again?

--
Albert den Haan, Lead Developer @ Linux Port Team . Corel Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   x 5318