Jeremy White wrote:
> MacOS X, however, is another story.  If you get an X server on
> MacOS X, it should be pretty easy.  If you want to do it
> the right way, you'd need to develop a Carbon driver to parallel
> the Wine x11 driver.  That, while conceptually straightforward,
> will be a lot of work.

I got some simple winelib apps up and running on LinuxPPC in early 1999, but
it was fairly hackish, and most of my changes didn't make it into the mainline
WINE tree.  I did some work updating the port for newer releases of LinuxPPC
at MacHack this summer, but got stuck trying to figure out how to properly
deal with the thread local storage.  My old code still works ok though, if you
happen to have a LinuxPPC machine around.  MacOS X, as Jeremy says, is another
story.  A fair bit more work is required, but it's be no means impossible.

I believe that Ulrich Weigand has gotten WineLib apps up and running on SPARC.

-Gav

--
Gavriel State
CEO