Gavriel State wrote:

> I got some simple winelib apps up and running on LinuxPPC in early 1999, but
> it was fairly hackish, and most of my changes didn't make it into the mainline
> WINE tree.  I did some work updating the port for newer releases of LinuxPPC
> at MacHack this summer, but got stuck trying to figure out how to properly
> deal with the thread local storage.  My old code still works ok though, if you
> happen to have a LinuxPPC machine around.  MacOS X, as Jeremy says, is another
> story.  A fair bit more work is required, but it's be no means impossible.
>
> I believe that Ulrich Weigand has gotten WineLib apps up and running on SPARC.

Indeed.  The main Wine tree doesn't compile out of the box, however.
There's still a few problems, mostly related to alignment issues,
that I haven't yet fixed in a clean way.

On machines without alignment constraints (even if big-endian), there
shouldn't be much changes necessary.  For example, just for fun I tried
to get Wine to compile on S/390; it took me only a few hours until
WineMine was running ...

Bye,
Ulrich

--