On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, gerard patel wrote:

> At 01:22 PM 10/22/00 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >   Another menu fix but I believe this one is related to differences
> >between Win 3.1 and Win 9x so I could not check the behavior in Win 3.1.
> >
> >   Here's the problem. 'Programming Windows 95' has a sample program
> >that shows how to handle ownerdrawn/bitmap menus (grafmenu in chapter
> >10). This example consists of a 100% ownerdrawn menu bar.
> >   In Win 9x the menubar entries are all aligned on the left:
> >   http://fgouget.free.fr/wine/PrgWin95/grafmenu-win95.gif
> >   But in Wine they are all aligned to the right!
> >
> >   I tracked it down to a piece of code in controls/menu.c at the end of
> >MENU_MenuBarCalcSize. I believe this code should only be executed for
> >the Win3.1 look and feel.
>
> Hmm, actually for Mdi windows, the minimize/maximize buttons displayed
> for maximized child windows (a major pain I know) are aligned to the *right*,
> even for all versions of Win32 operating systems I know.

   Yes. This is a problem.
   The weird thing is that I actually tested this by starting Visual
Studio and it worked just fine. But when I received your email I tested
other programs with these the location of these buttons is indeed wrong
(100 fois sur le metier remettez l'ouvrage qu'ils disent)

   I'll update the patch.

[...]
> About your last problem, I did not reply because I'm at a loss for an answer.
> Do you know if you are the only one to see this problem or if I am the only
> one to *not* see it ?

   Hmmm, which other? I've got tons (shift-del, pen size, other menu
look and feel problems).
   But it is possible that I tend to be (hmmm... how shall I put it)
picky so that I see things that other people usually don't notice.

--
Francois Gouget         [EMAIL PROTECTED]        http://fgouget.free.fr/
               RFC 2549: ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2549.txt