Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Ove Kaaven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Why's that? It can't be harder to do than agreeing on a clean design and
> > writing a couple of lines of code... the current registry model would only
> > require minor tweaks to enable registry sharing (except that Alexandre
> > broke wine.userreg saving recently)
>
> wine.userreg is going away. It will be split into user.reg for
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER and userdef.reg for HKEY_USERS\.Default (but yes it
> is a bit broken at the moment because we still try to use the old
> wine.userreg if present).

It's also a bit broken because there should be a system-wide .Default in
addition to per-user.

To top that off, there is a small problem if you have a native NT default file
the loader closes the key and the initialization code assumes the key stays
open and uses it to load and save the files.  So the userdef.reg was not
getting saved if you had NT registries.

Will send a small patch to fix both problems in a couple minutes.

-Dave