Alexandre Julliard wrote:

Tony Lambregts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Actually Alexandre hasn't commented on it, so if it doesn't bit rot it
still could be commited. However, at the time, there were some
negative comments about it. It seems that the major concern is that
it should do more than it does.

Well, yes, if we really need to change the fstype it should be a
generic option that allows all types to be specified, not just
NTFS. And it shouldn't overload the existing "type" parameter, it
should be a separate entry.

OK. I guess my biggest problem with this is that the most obvious name for this entry is "Filesytem" which is already used <g>.

But it may be enough to simply always
return FAT32, if that works for the app in question.
Not really. FAT32 has a limitation of 4GB which is why I picked NTFS (size is limited to HD space). In other words no size limitation.

Returning NTFS is
a bit misleading anyway since we don't implement any of the
NTFS-specific features.

I fail to see how this is a problem. IIRC a win95 workstation connected to a NT servers NTFS drive will return "NTFS" for that drive and Win95 does not implement any NTFS specific features. Now please correct me if I am wrong.
Also the current code always returns "CDFS" for CD-ROMs and I would not want to change that behavior.

All that being said I am not really opposed to having it as another entry. How about "FStype" would you prefer something else.

--

Tony Lambregts