Salut Vincent,

Thanks for your reply.

This is most probably not what you want. If you grab this file, you'll have every (as in, since 1998 or so) revision of every file in the Wine CVS repository. Although with that, you won't need a net connection to do regressions before the day you downloaded it...
Yes, this looked simplest, otherwise I'm on modem waiting while I do stuff, i would rather download at night and have it ready to work in the day. This is what the cvs-regression.shtml article suggested first it seemed.

The wine-cvsdirs-* is the archive you want. It only contains the directories CVS uses to know which revision of each file is the current one in your tree. In this case, it's the one in the corresponding snapshot. Once installed the wine-cvsdirs-*, you'll be able to get a copy of the tree as of different times in the past, and locate when the problem you're looking for arose.
OK, thanks, I will bare that in mind when working on this.

Regards

JG