Tom wrote:

Thats the problem!
You have your fine dictonary in hand, so you think you know how to speak
english... but when you visit a english speaking country the people
you speak to look like a deer caught in a spot light!

I can find my way around America without having too much difficulties. It's just that I think documentation deserves better.

Shachar don't get mad or pissed.. I had to find someone for my
eniligey.. :)

I'll try to figure out what "eniligey" means before I get pissed.... :-). Even google has nothing to say about that word.....

I wasn't mad about you being wrong. I was mad about you treating everyone correcting you as if they were dumb.

As far as slang goes.. I can speak three different versions of slang
NE slang, African American, SE Hill Billy, take your pick.

The question is whether you should write docs in slang. Answering your private mail - I installed RedHat servers with locale set to Red Neck too. I stopped when too many programs started complaining that they don't have the right language of tools. I figured the humor does have to give way, occasionally, to functionlity (Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time CD nonwithstanding, of course. Which reminds me, I should check whether it works on Wine....).

And as me and Dmitry have had a little fude over this before
american english is not the same as the Queens English...
And if you dont trust me.... Just come for a visit :)

Of the two, it's actually Britan that I've never been to.

And not to piss off  the brits as I have the israelis........
Your English is far superior to what we would ever except
as being english........ As we sound more like the Welsh....

I think we can get rid of the "American vs. English" jokes right now. Too cliche.

Tom

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh