Marcelo Duarte wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Hearn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Shachar Shemesh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

* I say Wine is an emulator. I don't know how to read the official
definition, it could go both ways, but I've found the whole "Wine Is Not
an Emulator" thing just confuses newbies :)

I taste to think that the "Wine is a simulator", because it simulates the Windows environment. Poverty not?

* Slide 17 - 3rd file type is NE (win16 binary). PE = Portable
Executable. NE = ?????, but the N is bound to stand for something
stupid, like "new" or whatever....

Yes, NE = New Executable, as the opposite to format MZ, that was the predominant format until the new creation. Already MZ I do not remember what it means.

M.

MZ are the first two bytes of the file, identifying it as an executable. I'm not aware that they mean anything at all.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant