Shachar Shemesh wrote:
Marcelo Duarte wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Hearn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Shachar Shemesh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

* I say Wine is an emulator. I don't know how to read the official
definition, it could go both ways, but I've found the whole "Wine Is Not
an Emulator" thing just confuses newbies :)

I taste to think that the "Wine is a simulator", because it simulates the
Windows environment. Poverty not?

* Slide 17 - 3rd file type is NE (win16 binary). PE = Portable
Executable. NE = ?????, but the N is bound to stand for something
stupid, like "new" or whatever....

Yes, NE = New Executable, as the opposite to format MZ, that was the
predominant format until the new creation. Already MZ I do not remember what
it means.

M.

MZ are the first two bytes of the file, identifying it as an executable. I'm not aware that they mean anything at all.
IIRC, they were the initial of the author(s) of the file format
A+

--
Eric Pouech