Vincent Béron wrote:

Le ven 30/07/2004 à 07:39, Robert Shearman a écrit :

Mike Hearn wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:46:18 +0100, Robert Shearman wrote:

Yes, I have an implementation of NdrClientCall2 in my local tree, but
I'm a bit busy with other COM things at the moment. I'll send an updated
patch to the list either tonight or sometime over the weekend.

Alexandre, why was this not merged when it was originally sent?

It wasn't Alexandre's fault. I didn't ask for it to be merged. One of the main problems is that because of calling convention differences for passing unions/structures we can't be binary compatible with Windows at the same time as being source compatible.

You can take a glance at our msvcrt div/ldiv implementation which is
both source and binary compatible.
binary: dlls/msvcrt/math.c
source: include/msvcrt/stdlib.h (which then calls dlls/msvcrt/math.c)

NdrClientCall2 is a varargs function, so I don't think that approach would work.

Rob