Vincent Béron wrote:

Le ven 30/07/2004 à 11:38, Robert Shearman a écrit :
[snip]

It wasn't Alexandre's fault. I didn't ask for it to be merged. One of the main problems is that because of calling convention differences for passing unions/structures we can't be binary compatible with Windows at the same time as being source compatible.

You can take a glance at our msvcrt div/ldiv implementation which is
both source and binary compatible.
binary: dlls/msvcrt/math.c
source: include/msvcrt/stdlib.h (which then calls dlls/msvcrt/math.c)

NdrClientCall2 is a varargs function, so I don't think that approach would work.

Sorry, misread the "passing unions/structures" part as "returning
unions/structures".

No, I did mean "returing unions/structures" (the parameters don't matter as all the complicated ones must be passed by reference).

Rob