On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Scott Ritchie wrote:

Ok, currently Winelib relies on GNU autoconf, makefiles and friends to
get a working app.

The current winemaker does not generate or use autoconf.

I've never use SCons either but the advantage of generating regular Makefiles is that many many developers are familiar with them. I would even venture that with something like 99% open source projects using Makefiles there are more developers familiar with Makefiles than with SCons scripts. Generating an SCons script would just be totally confusing for these developers.

--
Francois Gouget         [EMAIL PROTECTED]        http://fgouget.free.fr/
                      Computers are like airconditioners