Andreas Mohr wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 02:08:47PM +0000, Oliver Stieber wrote:

                2) Is there any sort of goal that the people
working on d3d9 dlls have set as far as a date they
would like to have it done by?  Or is it just one of
those "It will be done when it's done" sort of
things?

...Last month!

Good attitude! :)

I'm not sure what I'm going to work on next, possibly
more 'completeness' and performance in DirextX 9 to
give applications a good chance of running as well as
games, or maybe some d3dx9 work so that winelib can
compile more DirextX 9, or maybe try getting
Microsofts new GUI Avalon working under wine.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C8F904E1-B4CA-402B-ACCF-AAA2BD60DA74&displaylang=en

I'm certainly not authorized to tell you what to do, but what benefit would Avalon bring us? It's not even really released, i.e. its applicability should be very limited.

OTOH almost perfect support for DX9 games would be MUCH
more useful IMHO, since lack of gaming support is the #1 reason
for many people for not being able to switch to Linux...

I would only add that the "Key features missing" section of: http://www.oliverthered.f2s.com/projects/wine/
would be nice to see as well. most notably "DirectX 8 intergration of the above" and there is still
some room for improvements even in DX 1-7.
As Andi has already pointed out, were not the ones to try and tell someone what to do :-)

Thanks from me as well...... Hell of a job thus far!

Tom

Thanks for the incredible work so far!

Andreas Mohr