Dan Kegel wrote:

I was thinking about the WinePluginApi SoC proposals, and how it
really boils down to "make win32 and nptl threads compatible,
and somehow make the regular dynamic loader handle PE files".
Is there a good brain dump somewhere about what you were working
on, maybe on the wine wiki somewhere?

I think win32 and NPTL threads are compatible already.

The issues I see for are reserving the right memory areas, setting up the large stack, establishing a connection to the Wine server and setting up the segment registers (%fs) so that the thread and process structures are correct.

If somebody were to implement this for SoC, then I'd suggest they make a small static library to link against projects that want to import Windows DLLs using Wine, and then expose LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress somehow...

I don't think this is good for an SoC project, because the changes are small, and you'll spend more time arguing with Alexandre about the right way to do it than doing actual coding.

Mike