On 6/10/06, Simon Kissane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Suppose one was to add code to iphlpapi's LibMain which did
LoadLibrary & GetProcAddress to get the addresses of the functions in
icmp.dll, and then the iphlpapi implementations just called the
icmp.dll implementations? (I'm assuming doing a static import would
result in some kind of name collission?)

Bad, bad idea.  In Windows programming, you *never* call LoadLibrary from DllMain.  Inside of DllMain, you can't call anything which uses the loader lock, because the loader lock is already taken out.  As best as I read the Wine code, it has the same limitation.

Carl Fongheiser