On 10/2/06, James Courtier-Dutton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The easiest way round this is to simply recognise the executable with
the copy protection, and simply install a hook to catch the appropriate
file system or registry calls and divert them to a special handling
routine to satisfy the application. The difficulty would come from
actually implementing the "copy protection" part. I.e. Preventing the
wine user from copying the software.

Since we're not getting cooperation from the copy protection software
houses, I don't think that's a major goal of this work.  We'd like
_copy protected_ software to work with Wine, who cares if the _copy
protection_ software actually works beyond allowing the program to
run?

--tim