H. Verbeet wrote:
On 22/11/06, Markus Amsler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It's about simplifying code, with the side effect of perhaps small
performance gains. It's also the first step to drop COM in wined3d, but
that's not my intention (it seems Stefan likes the idea).
Well, you can't half-remove COM. If you start removing refcounts like
this you have to follow it all the way through, imo.

I'm not half removing COM (at most 3% :-) ). lpVtble, IUnknown, IID_*, ... is still in place. I just simplified some refcount behaviour in wined3d, which happens to make wined3d less dependandt on the refcount COM feature. Which in turn makes it easier to remove COM.
I dont' dare even trying to remove COM. That would be far over my skills.