Stefan Dösinger napsal(a):
Am Donnerstag, 8. November 2007 20:12:48 schrieb Mirek Slugeň:

 Hi, there is big performance drop in some games (NFS ProStreet) with your
latest patches (exactly this set), do you know why? Should I do some
regression testing and find critical patch?

A regression test would be nice indeed.

It is caused by those patches (they depends on each other):

[2/6] WineD3D: Make pixel shader input an array
[3/6] WineD3D: Pixel Shader varying indexing
[4/6] WineD3D: Add a max varyings member to the gl info structure
[5/6] WineD3D: Handle ps 3.0 varyings in a different way

You can easily test performance with Nvidia SDK demo AntiAliasingWithTransparency.exe not every game or application is affected by this regression. Every affected application is using PS 3.0 (NFS ProStreet, Call of Duty 4, Unreal Tournament 3).

with those patches it gives me about 0,72 FPS
without it gives me about 83,55 FPS

So performance loss is 116x

Mirek Slugen