Alexandre Julliard <julli...@winehq.org>
>Sent: Jan 26, 2009 7:21 AM
>To: Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.w...@gmail.com>
>Cc: James Mckenzie <jjmckenzi...@earthlink.net>, "wine-devel@winehq.org"
><wine-devel@winehq.org>
>Subject: Re: Bugzilla question with respect to .NET 1.1SP1
>
>Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.w...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> So that means bug 14850 needs to be reopened with a link to 13995?
>
>No, if it's the same bug it should be a single report. If .NET doesn't
>install then obviously all apps that try to install it will be broken,
>it doesn't make sense to create a separate bug for each app that suffers
>from the problem.

Actually, I have a different opinion as the reason a program will not install
may, at first appearance, be the lack of .NET1.1SP1 but may be another function
that Wine does not provide.  Paul is 'smart enough' to figure that the problem
IS the lack of .NET functionality or the inability to install, but the common
user may not.  I say, open the bug, mark it as a duplicate of the existing bug
and then close it.  Add the reporter as a cc to the original bug.  When the bug
is resolved, then have the user attempt to install the program, if it still
fails, reopen the duplicate with whatever does not work now.  This keeps the
number of bugs down and lets us know how much the lack of functionality affects
the Wine user base.   Some users complain of being lost in the shuffle because
they add to an existing bug that another program is affected.

What do you say about doing this?

James McKenzie