James McKenzie ha scritto:

Good work.  Have you started to think about how to get this into Wine
where AJ will approve?

James McKenzie

Ah, I'm not very optimistic that it'll ever enter on wine tree :-)
Nor have I time to adopt the "trial and error" way up to it's
approved.
The easiest way I see by now is to add it to wine drivers as an
"alternative" driver in parallel to X11 one.
That could be done in less then 5 minutes and with no regressions :-)

As I said before, to include it as replacement of actual driver would
mean to make an half rewrite of both gdi32 and winex11.
BTW, my engine has still space for a 3 optimizations that could speed
it up even a lot more :

1) Font caching - shouldn't be too difficult
2) Access DDB directly for blit - not too difficult, and could bring
   a speed gain of 100% on mixed DDB/DIB operations
3) xxxBlt are not very optimized .... I would expect another 50-100% speed
   gain on blitting with few codelines more.

Ciao

Max