Henri Verbeet wrote:
2009/5/11 Joerg Mayer <jma...@loplof.de>:
As I think that Alexandre has stated his preference (and I can understand
him taking a long term view), I want to ask the packagers for the distros
out there: Would it be OK for you to add the necessary patch into the
code that you distribute. Personally, that means Marcus and the openSUSE
wine packages :-)

While distributions are of course free to do that, keep in mind that
that would also make them responsible for supporting that code. I'm
not sure how feasible that would be for something so close to core
Wine functionality.

Distributions don't really "support" Wine anyway. At best we just make a new package every now and again.

As a packager, as long as Massimo is willing to keep the patches applying to the latest version and user-optional to enable, I'd be willing to bundle em. I'm normally averse to keeping deltas with Alexandre's main branch other than backports, but this one is specifically written to not do anything unless manually enabled.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie