David Adam schreef:
2009/12/3 Robert Reif <r...@earthlink.net <mailto:r...@earthlink.net>>

    Maarten Lankhorst wrote:

        --
        As I said, I'm confident nobody uses it, since wine never
        implemented it properly anyway
        ---
    I think you will find that you will have to add it back later
    because both interfaces are commonly used.

    The private interface is used for enumerating devices and is the
    only way of getting some information about the actual hardware.

    The buffer interface is commonly used to determine special
    hardware effects.  Programs do check even if wine doesn't
    implement them because most windows sound cards don't either.  In
    fact, now that you will be using openal you might have the
    opportunity to actually add real effects!

Actually, vietcong games uses IKsPropertySet (see bug 9337)
That's IKsPropertySet on a buffer, which is used for per-buffer things like EAX and stuff like that. I will move it from propset.c to buffer.c, and implement noop stubs for my dsound openal wrapper too, that would be sufficient until we start working on things like eax effects..

Cheers,
Maarten.