Henri Verbeet a écrit :
On 22 February 2010 15:15, Christian Costa <titan.co...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
More generally I would say that over-reviewing is not a good thing. It does
not bring much in term of
quality and slow down development. Thrust is the base of a community.
Sure, but that trust has to be justified. I can certainly stop looking
at your patches, I have enough other stuff to do, but I doubt that's
going to speed up getting them accepted. It's perhaps also worth
noting that I've fixed plenty of bugs that could have easily been
avoided if the original author of the code had been more careful, or
had bothered to write tests.

Seriously, the general principle is that you add a test when you
implement some new functionality or fix a bug, unless that's not
feasible for some reason. That's certainly not the case here, writing
tests for this function is trivial.

The goal was to implement the IConstantTable interface. I intended to write tests at this level along with new patch series for this interface. D3DXFindShaderComment was not needed directly by a particular app but just to be reused by D3DXGetShaderConstantTableEx as the next patch shows. But since it's better to do it in this patch, I will add some tests to it then.