On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Scott Ritchie <sc...@open-vote.org> wrote:

> On 04/01/2010 10:18 AM, Vincent Povirk wrote:
>
>> AFAIK mono doesn't implement WPF,  so any .NET app that uses it is likely
>>> fail in mono. Correct me if i'm wrong
>>>

>> This is true, and according to
>> http://www.mono-project.com/Compatibility they have no plans to
>> implement it. But someone could, and even if the mono project doesn't
>> want it, it would be useful for Wine.
>>

> For what it's worth when I've approached Novel people they've been quite
> open to the idea of greater cooperation with the Wine project.  I think we
> can benefit greatly if we made it very clear what Wine wants from Mono, and
> especially what paid Novell people won't be doing (and thus needs to be done
> by the community).
>
> Thank you for starting that wiki page, it's a great step in that direction.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott  Ritchie

According to the Mono page here (
http://www.mono-project.com/Mono_Project_Roadmap#Unsupported_technologies ),
the Mono project isn't adverse to having work done to implement WPF, WCF,
and WF, but they currently don't have an inclination to do so.

The question is, are there people in the Wine community skilled in .NET to
bring these technologies to Wine through Mono?