On Sep 20, 2011, at 3:11 PM, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
>> gdi32/dc
>> user32/monitor
> No Xvidmode support, so Get/SetDeviceGammaRamp fail. There's a win_skip for
> that already. Should we change it to skip(), or ignore it until we have a
> quartz driver?
> User32/monitor also fails because it can't change the display mode.
Key words: "stock X11 server". XQuartz has much better support for this. You
should be using that.

>> kernel32/change
>> ntdll/change
>> ntdll/directory
> Lots of test failures. I'm not sure what those tests do tbh
I wrote a message to the list about fixing those tests once. The problem is
that the functionality they test (well, at least the */change tests) isn't
implemented on Mac. And none of our options for implementing it look good (c.f.
"Failing kernel32:change and ntdll:change tests on Mac OS").

>> ntdll/exception
> "Test failed: Execution of data memory succeeded." Do I have to do anything
> special to enable NX support on OSX?
No. It's just that the kernel for some reason only supports NX on stacks in
32-bit code. They fixed it in Mac OS 10.7.

>> mmdevapi/capture
> Various Set*Volume calls fail
I know that some CoreAudio devices actually don't have software volume
controls. Optical out, for example. For these devices, Set*Volume will always
fail. Not sure if that's what 's happening in your case, though.
>> ws2_32/sock
> A mixture of test failures and unexpected successes.
>From what I can tell, Wine's WinSock implementation seems to depend on several
>nuances of Linux's BSD sockets implementation that are different from the
>original 4.xBSD implementation (from which most others, including WinSock
>itself, are derived).

Hope that helps.

Chip