Hi,
One of the reasons I suspect for filing a "proper" bug report in this case is to discern what the core problem is.

If Wine headers and Objective C headers do not co-operate, the solution is the arbitration of a mutually acceptable solution, not the assumption of a (not unbiased) party as to where the "fault" is. Bear in mind, in this case, there is not necessarily a fault at all. Wine replaces Windows and Windows expects to be the primary platform. There are bound to be conflicts with other packages such as Objective C runtime components since both platforms will be trying to assert basic typedef norms for the environment.

The proper method would be to present the problem to the Wine developers, explain the situation and negotiate a solution which all are happy with. I don't really understand why Jeremy feels that he cannot properly deal with the situation. If he is prevented by Apple from dealing with the Wine developers for fear of smoke-signalling some future Apple development, then he is already in the wrong and he would, I am sure, not forgive you for making such a public fuss on this list.

Let it pass and learn from the experience.

Cheers,
Ralph